Green Umbrella has gone from strength to strength and we are often on the look out for social mediators (social media managers), and content creators / copywriters or blog writers to join the GU team.
For those of you who are interested in becoming a Social Mediator, then please take a look at the job specification below. If you are a copywriter or content creator then please email email@example.com who will send you relevant details on how you can become part of the GU Team.
Social Mediator – Crucial Bits
- This position is per “contract” and will be on a self-employed basis.
- You will need to have a computer at home, with internet access.
- The whole team meets regularly (usually 1st Monday of every month) at 8.45am, in Daventry, therefore, you will need to be able to attend these meetings. If you struggle to get to Daventry for this meeting, then you can join our online meeting at 1pm on the 1st Monday of every month.
- The pay is not brilliant (£8-£10 per hour), but you can work at home, and we pay for all the software needed for you to complete the work. You can earn extra by writing content plans, blog article creation, holiday cover for other social mediators etc.
We are a bit mad! – Watch the team meeting below…
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail is essential.
- A passion for connecting and communicating with others.
- A basic understanding of marketing a business.
- A basic understanding of social media platforms and strategies.
- Experience within a particular sector. We are usually looking for mediators who have either recruitment, property or veterinary experience, however, we do have clients from all types of industries. (Hairdressers to Recruiters to Machine Manufacturers).
- If you have run your own business, then that would be an added bonus!
- You must have attention to detail, as the key to social media success is spotting those all important conversations that you can dive into!
- Each social mediator is maxed at 6 contracts or 6 hours a day. These must be worked during the hours of 8am-6pm (so this is not a job that you can do if you are working full time).
- No work is involved at weekends or on bank holidays.
- Additional work if you so wish, include content planning, blog writing, email creations etc. (Obviously we will pay you for the extra work involved).
- You get to work from home every day giving you flexibility.
- You will still feel part of a team as we meet regularly, and you will become involved in the GU Facebook private group.
- You will be part of a rapidly expanding company, in a very exciting industry.
- I guarantee that you will learn LOADS!! (which is great if you run another business, as you get FREE social media training)
- We have fun days out as a group at least twice a year. For example, we have all been African Drumming, Segway riding, going out for a curry and of course the Christmas Do!
- This job is addictive, so beware!
- You will need to attend social media training, as well as working in the GU office for the first week, before we will let you loose on a contract. Alternatively, we can provide the training online (although we always meet new people face to face before we sign on the dotted line)
- We do not accept people who are currently working full time as this simply does not work. However, it does fit well if you would like to work alongside running your own business (plus you get to learn how to use social media for your own business for free!)
- If you are looking for full time hours, then this job is not for you.
- You have to pass a spelling test! Yep, it is really important that our social mediators have good spelling and grammar as they are representing other companies online. So you need to pass an advanced spelling test by at least 85%.
If you know anyone who may be interested, or if you have any questions then please complete the form below.