If you’re in marketing, or it’s a subject that you are keeping updated on, you will have probably heard plenty of excited chatter about a tool called Chat GPT, which launched in the autumn of 2022. It’s an AI tool that can offer a whole host of things, including copywriting. Now, it’s not the first time a tool has been built that allows AI to write copy for you, and it won’t be the last. However, this tool in itself offers something that I’ve not found before. It’s an excellent sounding board if you’re a lone marketer in your business!
What do you need to know about AI Copywriting tools…
You know what – how about I ask Chat GPT to explain this for you…
Artificial intelligence (AI) has made significant advances in recent years, and one area where it has shown a lot of promise is in the field of copywriting. AI copywriters use machine learning algorithms to generate high-quality, engaging content that is designed to appeal to a specific audience.
There are many AI copywriting tools on the market today, so it can be tough to determine which ones are the best. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the top AI copywriters, including Copy.ai and Chat GPT.
- Copy.ai: This AI copywriting platform uses advanced machine learning algorithms to generate unique, high-quality content on a wide range of topics. It is particularly useful for creating SEO-friendly content that is designed to rank well in search engines.
- Chat GPT: Developed by OpenAI, Chat GPT is a powerful AI copywriting tool that can generate personalized content for a variety of purposes, including social media posts, emails, and marketing materials. It is known for its ability to generate content that is tailored to specific audiences.
- Articoolo: This AI copywriting platform uses machine learning algorithms to generate unique, high-quality content on a wide range of topics. It is particularly useful for creating SEO-friendly content that is designed to rank well in search engines.
- Wordsmith: Developed by Automated Insights, Wordsmith is a powerful AI copywriting tool that can generate content for a variety of purposes, including social media posts, emails, and marketing materials. It is known for its ability to generate personalized content that is tailored to specific audiences.
- Persado: This AI copywriting platform uses machine learning algorithms to analyze the language and emotions of your target audience and generate copy that is designed to maximize engagement. It has been used by some of the world’s biggest brands, including eBay and Expedia.
Overall, these are some of the best AI copywriters on the market today. They use advanced machine learning algorithms to generate high-quality, engaging content that is designed to appeal to a specific audience. Whether you are looking to create content for your website, social media, or marketing materials, these AI copywriters can help you get the job done.
How can I use AI copywriting tools in my business?
There are a few do’s and dont’s…
DO – Upload copy you’ve written asking the tool to suggest improvements. The tools will essentially rewrite the copy for you, reflecting tone, etc., so you’ll need to pay attention to see what’s been omitted or detailed further.
DO NOT – Ask the tool to write something and use it in a copy/paste fashion. Edit the content to ensure your tone is present and that you have included your opinion. This is what makes your content unique – you and your voice.
DO – Ask the tool to write paragraphs on topics that are more technical or that are more research-based to save time. However, anything you’re not sure of should still be fact-checked.
DO NOT – Assume you have copyright over anything you use from an AI writing tool. This is one of those things that I’m sure will come up in the future especially given that a lot of these tools offer free or freemium options.
DO – Use these tools as an assistant. Remember that things like Chat GPT are conversational. You can ask questions. For example, I could add this blog and ask what tone is this written in? How can I make this blog more engaging? What calls to action could I use for this article? etc.
If you can promise to use these AI tools as something that makes you more efficient but not something that takes over as your voice when it comes to your marketing activities, I’d say go for it! However, that is going to be tricky for many as the temptation will be high to just hit copy/paste. There is no replacement for human connection; however smart artificial intelligence gets! Your thoughts and opinions are still yours, and that’s what people want to see and hear from you so that they may build trust and ultimately buy from you.