What is a bucket writer?
A bucket writer is a contractor (freelancer) who is willing to write content plans for our social media clients. With all of our social media management packages the client chooses six categories (we call them buckets). For example, a hairdresser may choose “Throwback Thursday” or “Products” as two of their bucket choices, where as a Property Estate Agent may choose “House selling tips” or “Property Facts and Figures”.
The bucket writer will write a series of 20 posts per bucket for the first month, and then top up those buckets with extra content at the end of each month. The contract will be a minimum of 3 months.
- This position is per “contract” and will be on a self-employed basis.
- You will need to have a computer at home, with internet access.
- The whole team meets regularly (usually 1st Monday of every month) at 8.45am, in Daventry, therefore you will need to be able to attend these meetings.
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail is essential.
- A passion for connecting and communicating with others.
- A basic understanding of marketing a business.
- A basic understanding of social media platforms and strategies.
- You must have attention to detail.
- You need to pass a spelling and grammar assessment.
- You need to have a good head for research.
- As long as the deadlines are met then you can work whatever hours you like.
- You get to work from home.
- You will still feel part of a team as we meet regularly, and you will become involved on the GU Facebook private group.
- You will be part of a rapidly expanding company, in a very exciting industry.
- I guarantee that you will learn LOADS!! (which is great if you run another business, as you get FREE social media training)
- We do not accept people who are currently working full-time as this simply does not work. However it does fit well if you would like to work alongside running your own business (plus you get to learn how to use social media for your own business for free!)
- If you are looking for full-time hours, then this job is not for you.
- You have to pass a spelling test! Yep, it is really important that our bucket writers have good spelling and grammar as they are representing other companies online. So you need to pass an advanced spelling test by at least 85%.
If you know anyone who may be interested, or if you have any questions then please do not phone us, do not leave a comment below.
Please contact Christina by email only saying why you are interested in the job. (This bit is a test to see if you have attention to detail and have read the whole of this job spec).