What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is fondly known as a social media management system. Similar to TweetDeck, SproutSocial or Buffer. I love Hootsuite for a few reasons that make it different to those other social media tools. Here are the main reasons why the heart of Green Umbrella is using Hootsuite:-
- If you manage a large team then you simply give the individuals access to the client's account (rather than handing over your clients passwords etc). This makes it easy to control when you may have a staff or team member leave.
- Using Hootsuite to provide Twitter customer service is brilliant and so easy to use.
- I love the streams, it makes managing your account so much more easy than using the native platforms.
- The auto schedule feature is excellent
- I love the content ideas engine – although this can be a little bit “American” at times (Sorry to any Americans – no offence meant).
- The internal communications channels are also very good (although we now use Slack).
- The analytics are easy to put together.
- They have built in apps for everything – I tend to use the RSS integration feature more than anything else to keep my inbox as clear as possible.
I could go on and on about the features, but this will give you a good feel for what it does.
I also have a video playlist for Hootsuite tutorials, which can be found here.