It’s unusual for me to give a book a five-star rating but this book is certainly in my top 10 of favourite personal development.
There were so many takeaways that it was a lightbulb moment during each chapter. It took a while for me to totally appreciate the difference between shallow and deep work, but now I’m quite dismissive of shallow work.
Actions I will take:-
1. Plan my day using Cal’s time block method. (Started this today and so far so good!).
2. Block time for shallow work such as emails, social media etc.
3. Learn when I am most creative.
4. Practice productive meditation. 3 days on the trot now and I’ve solved more in these three days than the last three months!
5. I often block out days to write books, assessments, life plans etc, but now I understand why I do it that way, and why it works for me.
I could go on, but I urge you to download the audiobook or buy the hard copy. Either way, give it a go. You won’t be disappointed.
Find the book HERESocial Snippet