Now recruiting for more social media roles!
Green Umbrella has gone from strength to strength and we are expanding our team again with more social media positions available.
We are on the lookout for social mediators (social media managers, social media marketers), and content creators / copywriters or blog writers to work along-side the GU team.
For those of you who are interested in becoming a Social Mediator, then please take a look at the specification below. If you are a copywriter or content creator then please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you relevant details on how you can work with the GU Team.
Social Mediator – Crucial Bits
- The work is allocated on a per “contract” basis
- You will be self-employed, either as a sole trader or limited company.
- You will need to have a computer at home, with internet access.
- You will join our team meetings regularly in Daventry. (Usually 1st Monday of every month at 8.45am)
- You can work at home, and we pay for your access to the specific software needed for you to complete the work with us. Remuneration isn't great (based on £8-10 per hour) but once you are fully fledged there are other projects you can get involved with such as content plan writing, blog article creation, social media coaching etc.
We are a bit mad! – Watch the team meeting below…
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail is essential.
- A passion for connecting and communicating with others.
- A basic understanding of marketing a business.
- A basic understanding of social media platforms and strategies.
- Experience within a particular business sector. We have clients from all types of industries; Hairdressers to Recruiters to Machine Manufacturers.
- If you have run your own business, then that would be an added bonus!
- You must have attention to detail, as the key to social media success is spotting those all important conversations that you can dive into!
- Each social mediator is maxed at 6 contracts or 6 hours a day. Our expectation is that work is completed during the hours of 8am-6pm (so this is not a job that you can do if you are working full time). Our part time social media roles are flexible so you can structure your workload around you.
- There is no expectation that work is completed at weekends or on bank holidays.
- Additional work such as content planning, blog writing, email creations etc. will be completed in line with pre-agreed deadlines.
- You get to work from home every day giving you flexibility.
- You will still feel part of a team as we meet regularly, and you will become involved in the GU Facebook private group.
- Green Umbrella is a rapidly expanding company, in a very exciting industry – and you get to join us on our journey.
- I guarantee that you will learn LOADS!! (Which is great as you will be running your own business, and getting FREE social media training)
- This is addictive work, so beware!
- You will need to attend our social media training, and we request that you work from the GU office for the first week before we will let you loose on a contract.
- We do not accept people who are currently in full-time employment as this simply does not work. However, it does fit well if you would like to work alongside running your own business (plus you get to learn how to use social media for your own business for free!)
- If you are looking for full time hours, then this job is not for you.
- You have to pass a spelling test! Yep, it is really important that our social mediators have good spelling and grammar as they are representing other companies online. So you need to pass an advanced spelling test.
Apply for one of our social media jobs:
If you know anyone who may be interested in our social media jobs, or if you have any questions please complete the form below:
Fancy joining our team of Social Mediators? Apply Now!