Join the GU Team
Since 2010 Green Umbrella Marketing has gone from strength to strength, and if there's one thing we've learnt, it is that we need to continually be on the lookout for fresh blood to join us.
So, what roles are available? Our team is made up of Social Mediators (social media managers, social media marketers), Content Creators and Copywriters / Blog writers. These are the key roles that already exist, and we are always looking to grow by adding more of these to our team.
You can use the search function above to see which roles we are actively looking to fill right now, or alternatively complete the form at the bottom of this page to register your interest. Either way, we promise we'll be in touch with you and send you the relevant information in regard to how you can work with the GU Team.
Working With Us – The Crucial Bits
- The work is allocated on a per “contract” basis
- You will be self-employed and a limited company
- You will need to have a computer at home, with internet access.
- You will join our team meetings regularly in Daventry.
- You can work at home, and we pay for your access to the specific software needed for you to complete the work with us. Remuneration starts from £8.50 per hour and once you are fully fledged there are other projects you can get involved with.
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail are essential.
- A passion for connecting and communicating with others.
- A basic understanding of marketing a business.
- A basic understanding of social media platforms and strategies.
- Experience within a particular business sector. We have clients from all types of industries from Recruitment to Machine Manufacturing.
- If you previously ran your own business, that would be an added bonus!
- You must have attention to detail!
- The Social Mediator role is maxed at 6 contracts or 6 hours a day. Our expectation is that work is completed during the hours of 8am-6pm (so this is not a job that you can do if you are working full time). Our part-time social media roles are flexible so you can structure your workload around you.
- There is no expectation that work is completed at weekends or on bank holidays.
- Content Creation, blog writing and copywriting work will be completed in line with pre-agreed deadlines.
The Good Bits...
- You get to work from home every day giving you flexibility.
- You will still feel part of a team as we meet and communicate regularly.
- Green Umbrella Marketing is a rapidly expanding company, in a very exciting industry
- We guarantee that you will learn LOADS!!
The Bad Bits...
- This is addictive work, so beware!
- Dependant on the role, you will need to attend our social media training, and we request that Social Mediators work from the GU office for a minimum of the first week with us.
- We do not accept people who are currently in full-time employment as this simply does not work. However, it does fit well if you would like to work alongside running your own business (plus you get to learn how to use social media for your own business for free!)
- If you are looking for full-time hours, then this job is not for you.
- You have to pass a spelling test!