Become a guest blogger
Our blog has over 3500 email subscribers and our website attracts more than 10,000 visits a month. If you have exceptional writing skills and would like to share your business knowledge and expertise with a large audience of marketers and business owners, consider becoming a guest blogger!
Successful guest blog articles are comprehensive, action-oriented, how-to style articles that teach our readers about a particular aspect of digital marketing.
Post topics may include (but are not limited to): business tools and techniques, productivity techniques for marketeers, SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, lead generation, recruitment focused posts and general online marketing.
- Well-written and high-quality original article (we all know how Google hates duplicate content) related to the pain that a small business owner would experience.
- An article that reflects the conversational writing style/tone of the Green Umbrella blog
- Short, 1-2 sentence author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website, and a photo of yourself or your company logo. Plus links to all your social media sites.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be in order to be high quality and comprehensive. But to give you a guide, we would not expect less than 800 words and no more than 2000.
- Posts to be submitted in an MS Word document.
- Submissions must meet the Green Umbrella team's quality standards in order to get published.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterwards (it's that whole duplicate content thing again), but you're more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- The Green Umbrella team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.
- Please submit your blog a minimum of three days before the agreed published date.
- If you are unable to meet the deadline then please inform GUHQ at least a week before the due date.