How to Request A LinkedIn Recommendation
In this quick video, I will show you how to request a recommendation on the LinkedIn app, a quick tip on what to write when asking and what to do with the recommendation once it has been sent to you.
For those of you who prefer to read rather than watch:-
- Launch the LinkedIn application
- Search for the person that you would like to ask for a recommendation
- Open their profile
- Click on the three dots
- Click “ask for recommendation”
- Complete the “wizard / form” until you get to the “blurb” section
- Have a template ready in your notes app on your phone.
Here is an example of my template:-
Hi Name (remember to change this bit!).
Happy clients are vital to the success of my business as are repeat business and referrals. I would appreciate it if you could kindly spare a few moments to write a testimonial on the services that we have provided for you.
A few cheeky prompts to help you get creative:-
- What is unique about our way of doing business?
- In what way did we add value to your business?
- In what way did we make it easy for you to do business with us?
- Would you recommend us?
Thanks a million in advance, it is truly appreciated.
All the best
- Copy and paste the note
- Toggle back to LinkedIn and click paste
- Simply click the big “send” button and you are done.
In the video I also mentioned the importance of adding the testimonials to your website once you have received it on LinkedIn (or any other social media site).