This is a question that I get asked most weeks.
As you know, it is important to split all of your content by 80/20. (Find out more about social media management and the 80/20 rule here).
20% of the posts that you send out to your social media channels should be the type of posts that are written with your goals and objectives in mind.
Here are some ideas for your 20% content.
- Links to your website
- Evergreen industry news
- Promotion of your free ebooks or sales messages
- Testimonials or case studies
- Shout outs to other twitter friends
- Features of your products or services
- Benefits of your products or services.
- Advice and tips
These posts are very important as they ultimately make your business money!
Scheduling these posts to your Twitter account at optimised times is essential. Using a tool such as Tweriod.com – lets you know when your network is online the most. For example, I know that @juliadoherty network is online the most at 7.20am and also around 10.30pm, therefore I schedule my sales posts to go out at these times for maximum exposure.
It's all in the planning!
As a side note, the best scheduling tools that I would recommend would be:-
1. Hootsuite – they have a free of charge platform if you are scheduling to less that 3 accounts.
2. MeetEdgar – a fabulous tool that has saved me over 15 hours a month!
How do you plan your content strategy? Do you look at the times that you should be posting? Let me know in the comments below.