Are you attending an event? Whether it is a webinar, an expo, a seminar, networking event or even a workshop, I guarantee there will usually be a hashtag associated with the event.
One of the best ways to get noticed is to be clever about events that you are attending by following these steps:
- Search Twitter to find out the hashtag, or ask the host.
- Using software such as eClincher or Hootsuite, schedule posts to be sent throughout the event. (Not forgetting the hashtag).
- Think about the people who are attending the event. These may be speakers, suppliers, the hosts or the delegates. Ensuring that you are adding them to your tweets to get as much leverage as possible from your efforts.
- Visuals work! Adding up to four images per tweet, or why not take a Twitter Vine (which is not dead!). Vines are great as they create mini 6-second videos for you. Download it and give it a whirl.
- After the event, why not create a collection of Tweets using the Twitter Moments feature. You will be amazed how many people will click on the collection to see if you have included their tweet!
Remember, by scheduling your content beforehand will leave you more time to do what you do best, which is chat to people face to face. Don't be that person in the corner who is constantly on their phone!