With Christmas just around the corner and Black Friday/Cyber Monday looming down on us, this month I’m focusing on eCommerce.
If you run a consumer business, you’ll be gearing up for your biggest and busiest time of year. Online retail has been growing every year, but with events of 2020 hindering in-person sales, the increase in eCommerce is set to accelerate further.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING ABOUT DRIVING ONLINE SALES NOW?
Here are some useful stats to keep in mind:
- Over half of small business surveyed have seen a growth in online traffic since March this year
- 9 in 10 feel it is vital to sell online
- 75% of small businesses predict online sales will increase into 2021
- Nearly 50% of small businesses plan to remain online only with only 1 in 5 re-opening a physical shop
- More than ¾ of people (over 75%) have been put off visiting crowded shopping centres this year.
- 41% of people expect to shop more online this year
- Get prepped. Since Small Business Saturday falls on Sat 5th December this year – your marketing should be poised and ready!
- Facebook Advertising is more and more popular for small businesses, 94% of all ad revenue is from a mobile device – make sure your ads are mobile compatible
- The average price for a Facebook ad is decreasing while the number of times it is seen is increasing – it’s worth looking at if you aren’t already
Data Sources: Social Media Today, econsultancy.com and Hootsuite